Shelby Design Center’s Exquisite Hardwood Floor Selection
Solid hardwood flooring helps to add warmth and character to your Michigan home or business. Hardwood flooring can be installed to create a unique look for any space, delivering style and distinction wherever it is placed. Consumers have a wide range of species and patterns to choose from, with each choice providing long-term quality and support.
When shopping for the best flooring materials for your home, it pays to find a local flooring store with the experience and inventory needed to create an optimal experience for you and your family. As your go-to flooring showroom in Shelby Township, the Shelby Design Center is proud to provide the best products and advertise for more than 20 years. Our flooring and lighting showroom boasts a unique blend of products, all part of our lighting and flooring co-ops.
While we’re passionate about home flooring here in Michigan, we understand that not all consumers share in our home design obsession. If you’re considering hardwood flooring for your home, be sure to read more below to determine whether or not this quality floor material is the right answer for your property.
Hardwood Flooring Considerations
Before investing in a beautiful hardwood product, it’s important to determine whether or not you’ve found the best choice for your needs. Hardwood flooring comes in many shapes, sizes, and colors, making it essential for you to decide on each of the following factors before making your choice:
- Color. Based on what species you choose, your hardwood flooring color can range from dark blacks to blonde hues. The color of your new floor will play a major role in future design schemes, so be sure to invest in a shade for the best long-term results.
- Character. The grain pattern of your hardwood product can help to set the look and feel for your space. Heavy grain patterns are often considered rustic, while minimal grain products provide a sleek and clean appearance.
- Species. The species of hardwood you choose to buy will play a large part in the color.
- Width. You can generally choose from three sizes, including narrow strips that are less than three inches, wider planks that are more than three inches, or squares to allow consumers to create geometric designs. Most homeowners rely on flooring strips to make the space look bigger.
- Finish. The luster of your floor will depend largely on the finish utilized before installation occurs. Modern products come with factory-applied finishes to make life quicker, cleaner, and easier for DIYers. While some homeowners prefer on-site finishing for a customized look, others prefer the convenience of prefinished hardwood planks.
Taking the time to find the perfect hardwood for your home or business can help to enhance the space and make it feel much more personal and comfortable. Our home improvement store in Shelby Township has helped customers to find the perfect hardwood flooring products, and we’re ready to help with your home improvement project. While traditionally more costly than other materials offered at our flooring store, hardwood can prove to be an amazing choice for multiple reasons.
The Benefits Of Hardwood Floors
The positives of hardwood flooring can be hard to cover in their entirety, which is why we’ll highlight a few of the biggest benefits you can expect from your hardwood floor purchase:
- Versatile. Styles and preferences change, making it beneficial to invest in a product that looks good with a wide range of styles. Hardwood comes in a wide range of patterns and colors, making it easier for Michigan homeowners to find a versatile choice.
- Increase value. While most flooring options increase your home’s value, few materials hold up as well as natural hardwood flooring. This flooring design is worth a lot more to homebuyers than other materials, theoretically reducing the price tag for your renovations.
- Durable. While not impervious to damage, your wood floors will stand strong against the tide daily living activities. Even when damages do occur, the repair process is fairly simple when compared to other flooring installations.
- Low upkeep. In addition to being strong and durable, hardwood flooring is also easy to maintain. Not only will the wood not trap allergens and dust, like other materials, it also requires very little maintenance for long-term enjoyment. Regular brushing and drop mopping can be enough to keep your floors in sterling shape for a long time.
- Long-lasting. The true value of hardwood flooring comes from your ability to refinish them when a lot of wear and tear has taken place. Wood floors will last a long time, with many options being able to be sanded and sealed about 10 times. Once your flooring has become worn and damaged, you can refinish the space to essentially receive a brand new floor!
Beautiful New Flooring Solutions Begin At Shelby Design Center
When properly installed in your home, laminate flooring can succeed in providing long-term protection and quality. This material aims to strike the perfect balance between quality and cost-effectiveness, delivering amazing results for your Michigan property.
If you’d like to learn more about laminate, be sure to stop by our lighting showroom in Shelby Township today. The Shelby Design Center strives to be your one-stop design destination for all of your home’s needs. Contact us today online or call us at 581-218-3312 for help in planning your home flooring project!